Can we be done calling everything a superfood? 🤔
I’m sick of hearing about superfoods. Aren’t you? It’s a buzzword that’s overplayed, constantly.
Introducing, the new superfood …
Blah, blah, blah de blah de blah.
Okay, but it’s Summer and I’ve been spending some time on the beach. And, when you’re in the sun sometimes you get a sunburn.5 Ways you can be Comfortable in your Own Skin When your Body Image Sucks
Your body image sucks, at least that’s the story in your head, and you’re not alone. More than 8 million people in the…medium.com
It’s too late for sunscreen. This needs a remedy. Aloe vera has been my go-to treatment for as long as I can remember. My husband kindly went to the plant downstairs and snagged some aloe vera leaves. You’re probably familiar with aloe vera as a treatment for burns and sunburns.
It’s easy to break open the leaf to get to the ooey gooey aloe inside. Aloe is a good topical treatment. Did you know it has other uses too?
- It eases inflammation and soothes arthritis pain
- replaces dozens of first-aid products, even makes bandages and antibacterial sprays obsolete
- shrinks warts
Hair and skin
- Promotes hair growth when massaged into the scalp
- Reduces dandruff
- Acts as a moisturizer
- Removes eye makeup
- Repairs skin cells and blemishes
- Offers relief from athlete’s foot and psoriasis
The title implies that it is a superfood. Not a click-bait title. Yes, you can eat it.https://wetalkhealthy.com/media/b2a452139e69e6e8a9d849206bd1cc25YouTube
Just eat it.
- Raw as a salad or garnish
- Cook it
- Juice it — Its natures own “sports drink” to replace electrolytes
- Reduces plaque when used as a rinse
In pill form, it helps with inflammation and irritable bowel issues. Can’t poop? It’s a natural laxative.
I’m not excited about eating it, but aloe vera has super uses. I’m ready to grow my own. It’s too handy not to have around.
Got other uses for this super plant? Please share them in the comments.